Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LOTR: TTT Extended edition!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Wow!

I bought the extended edition today and I just finished watching it.

It completely blows me away.

So many new scenes, so many little but important details are now in the movie.

Faramir has been given much more depth and as a result I am much happier with him now than after the theater version.

Warning, this might include spoilers!

• More Ent scenes
    • The hobbits drink from the spring
    • The woods of Faragorn help in the battle of Helmsdeep
    • More details of the background of Faramir
    • So much more, more and more!

I urge every LOTR fan to see the extended edition!

Simply wonderful stuff!

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I just got back from checking EVERY place in town that would have it for sale. Apparently NO ONE got their shipment in on time (Suncoast was only selling to those who pre-ordered). This seriously irks me because I told a certain girl that we would be watching it tonight....and I REALLY want to see the new scenes. :bawl:

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Who wants an extended version of a 3 hour movie? Like... know what I can do in 3 hours? A whole lot. Not that I would... but I could....

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    According to the dvd:

42 minutes of additional footage!

It was well worth it watching the whole thing, and I will do it again soon! :)

5. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I really hope that one of the theatres up here plays the extended edition marathon that the theatre back home is doing. Fellowship EE followed by TT:EE followed by Return of the King at midnight....GAH that would be awesome.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    GAH!

I had mine on preorder for months, but then I moved to boston, and I forgot to change the shipping address, so it just arrived at my house in California!

don't know when I'll see it now

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Bah, I heard that the European release has been delayed with something like a week :mad: :bawl:

If this Extended is as good as the first one, I think I'm going to skip the whole RotK theater version and wait for the EE :meh:

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Nah, I don´t think so. I have read that the Finnish (if I remember correctly) version is delayed one week because of a malfunction at the contractors site which duplicates the dvd´s.

I´m in Iceland as you can see on your left.. :)
    Iceland is in Europe and we got it today..

/me happy! :)

EDIT: After checking www.theonering.net I saw that the Finnish version is delayed. I edited the text to correct it.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah The Fellowship oTR extended edition only had less than 30 minutes of added footage...I was stoked when I saw that TTT has 43 minutes. I'm getting TTT for Xmas this year.

On a semi-related-but-not-really note:
    I popped in The Fellowship last night to test out my new subwoofer with the opening battle scene where Sauron sort of explodes after the ring is chopped off and the big shockwave spreads across the battlefield. Awesome...my wife was in the next apt. and she said she thought it was thundering outside.

brad cook

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Is that so? I already started calculating how quickly I could get the Nordic version in my hands, should have Finnish subtitles too.. :D I'm guessing they want a version with Finnish text on the box to the markets so that's why it's delayed.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I got my copy yesterday delivered by Amazon - they seem to have plenty of copies!!

I didn't have time to watch it yet - I might leave it till the weekend when I can savour it and take my time - I've read the book many times - so no problems with spoilers!! ;)

12. Aha!!! Mine dropped through the letterbox this morning. Guess what I'm going to be doing tonight?

He he he... :D

13. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Picked it up at Best Buy last night...true story-
    The store was mobbed(300 people?) & it appeared as though everyone had a copy of Two Towers in their hands. Unbelievable.

Watched disc 1...look for Merry & Pippin drinking the Ent ale(they grow taller).

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I just wanted to ask what that is on your icon - is it your own picture? It looks like a very small owl... :meh:

15. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yes, it is. With slight image manipulation around the teeth area by someone :D

16. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    I hope for a cinema to do the Fellowship, Fellowship: EE, TT, TT: EE, RotK marathon.:D
    Now, how many hours would that be?

17. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    the church i am attending is doin all of the extended editions, then we are all going to go see the new one. lord of the rings goodness on something like a 150 inch screen with 3000 watts of power in the pa.

escuse me while i soil myself/!

18. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    Got my TTT:EE yesterday, and I have tix for Trilogy Tuesday! We be jammin', mon! :D

19. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Just got done watchin' TT:EE (rented it). It was....AMAZING!!! I need to buy this set. I just wish I had been able to use the surround sound setup in my garage back in the Bay Area (i miss DTS).