1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lots O' Clips: Bluebeard, Oxfuzz and Oh See Demon

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassboysam, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Recorded this the other day at our practice. First the isolated track then the same passage, more or less, in the band mix (bass is mixed a little loud just to make it easier on my crappy speakers). Basses were a Lakland Bob Glaub and a Fender J with Fralins.

thought it may help people that are in the market for some dirt or just plain curious.

Chain was bass > pedal > SVT (set clean) > Ampeg 810 (B810 Speakers) > Heil PR40 > Reaper.

http://soundcloud.com/the_brow/sets/fuzz-and-od-in-mix

DeeDeeKing likes this.
  2. Nice job man. I like it with the different basses and tunings. Had to have taken some work to do too. :bassist:

3. Nah not much work at all. I just picked one pedal and toggled it on and off during each song. Then I rendered an mp3 with all the tracks and with just the bass track. Lots of cut and paste that's about it.

4. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    It's nice to be able to hear a pedal in the context of where it sits in a mix. I wish more pedals had these types of reviews. My initial impression is that I like the Germanium Oxfuzz section the best for a smooth slightly OD sound and the Blubeard for getting down to business.

Thanks for the clips man.

5. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    I love that Bluebeard. Raw and articulated at the same time, great.

6. Yeah, hopefully the "mixed" clips sound ok. its hard to mix without any decent speakers and my Grados have such a distinct voice that they are hard to mix with too.

But yes the Germanium Oxfuzz is great for a deep furry sound that sits under a mix and fills out a lot of low end. the Bluebeard is more in your face but not too to bright and still had lots of mids. I forgot to record a clip with the Bluebeard using the tone bypass. it gives it quite a different voice. I'll try to get that next time along with some clips of the Oxfuzz Bass with more of a fuzz setting instead of OD.

glad it is of some use to you guys.