1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lots of new video from me, and new album news...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi all,

I've been rather busy of late with video stuff - most recently, I recorded a bit of a solo gig I had last week, and uploaded a solo version of 'Don't Stop Believing' by Journey to Vimeo - it's embedded on my blog here - click to see the video

There's also a whole series of videos about my upcoming album with my new trio, Lawson/Dodds/Wood - where the three of us (Patrick Wood on keys/guitar and Roy Dodds on drums/percussion) talk about the making of the album... you can see those on my youtube channel by clicking here

Enjoy... I'll update with more news when the album is available to order in a day or so!

cheers

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

2. kcolyar

kcolyar

Feb 28, 2007
    Moab, Ut 84532
    Steve, your music amazes me!!!! So far I have heard most of your stuff on the web that I can find. I have been wanting to do what you do with Lobelia for a long time. Thanks for the inspiration and for validating my ideas. There are so many beautiful songs that could be arranged for bass out there. I have not purchased a looper yet, I have not even gotten to play with one. I am looking at the Boss rc20 or rc50 or the
    DL4. I dont want to bite off too much or get one that is not enough if you know what I mean. I am not a tech head as far as gear goes. I am kind of intimidated. Any ways thanks again for the stuff you put out there for us to listen too.:bassist:

3. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    kcolyar

so sorry for the delay replying - tough to keep track of where things are happening online! :)

Anyway, thanks SO much for your feedback, really glad you're enjoying the music - playing in a duo with a vocalist really opens up all kinds of looping possibilities (and likewise, looping opens up all kinds of possibilities for working with a vocalist :) )

As for the three pedals you mentioned, they're all worth investigating. My favourite of them is the DL4, but Lo. uses the RC-20 and does marvellous things with it. I recently saw both Seth Horan and Kev Cooke playing solo using the RC-50 and both put it to very good use... Tough call.

Do let us know when you've got anything out there for us to listen to - I'd love to hear what you get up to!

Steve