1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LOTS OF SIRENS=AWESOME

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderx55, Apr 6, 2006.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Was anyone around 15th and 5th (by the guitarcenter) today around 3:45? I was walking home from work and about 20 cop cars came flying down union sq east and 5th Ave, sirens ablaze for no particular reason. This happened about a month ago on broadway at east 4th st... ***?

2. Thats weird, had that happen here in Wilmington today too. I just figured it was something to do with the Azalea festival down here.

3. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Are you in NYC? I listen to NYPD sometimes on live scanner streams. Didn't hear this particular call, but it was probably an "Officer Needs Help" or something serious to warrant that many officers going to the scene.

4. I have heard that they (NYPD) will do that every so often as a 'show of force' in case any potential terrorist is scoping out the scene. They figure if they spontaneously blast en mas through the street in a big way no terrorist in their right mind would consider what ever building they were looking at to be a viable target.

Terrorist - in their 'right mind'.... hmmm... is there a flaw in this grand plan?

--tz

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This is definitely one for snopes.

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    My computer says the original post was made at 1:27 today, yet you say 3:45...are you just a night prowler? Or am I just insane?

7. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Nope, post shows up right on my comp. And yeah it's nyc sorry.

8. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Check your time zone settings in your TB options.

9. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Indeed.

10. Chasing the Blues Brothers perhaps?

11. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    sounds like there might be a fire

12. could also have been an exercise?