Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Loud Hum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by brewer9, Aug 4, 2001.

1. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    At some clubs I get a loud hum which I cannot get rid of no matter what. This doesnt happen at all clubs just a few, but consistantly at the same ones. I've tried all my ground switches and they do nothing. Could the hum be caused by their electrical systems? Too much lighting etc on one electrical system? Can it be stopped? It doesnt happen the our guitar player or other bass players either....just lil ol' me.

2. What type of bass do you have Active or Passive? This sounds weird but at band rehearsal, my guitarists amp crackles and buzzes weird when we are in our usual room. happens every time. Only the past few weeks we have been in another of the rooms and it doesn't happen.

now i know this will sound weird, and i thought the hippie who owned the place had lost the plot, but magnetic waves could result in it? Weird huh, the guy who owns our rehearsal place said the room we practice in is notorius for magnetic waves.. :rolleyes:

I have heard of amps picking up radio, can tune into ya favourite station! hehehehe

Merls

3. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Guest

Jul 16, 2001
    Brooklyn N.Y.
    that happened to me in the middle of a gig and that s*** wasn't funny. One minuet I'm in the middle of my intro riff and the next, the whole damn club is listening to AAA dispatch calls spewing from my amp, man I wanted to die. Pray that never happenes to you.

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    AAA Dispatch Calls....LOL!!! Sorry, I know that wasnt funny at the time.

My bass is active.