1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LOUD, it was nice of you to get back to me..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Mar 20, 2009.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    a month later. i appreciate your reply at all. too bad i already fixed the original issue i had.

edit because it's not polite to call a company a name.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    LOL...a month later!

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

3. Wait.... what? Is this supposed to be a flame or a joke? Either way it's pretty bad :/

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i should have known that it would take forever to get back to me, just didn't think it would take this long.

you know, i get it. you're a company that is up a creek without a paddle, but it took you 28 days to reply to me. 28! maybe if every voice mailbox of every department that i thought could help me wasn't full, maybe i would have left you a voice mail.

it pisses me off because i do customer service for a living. company isn't as big as ampeg is, but for the field we are in we are a pretty big company. i have to field calls all day and answer email complaints/questions, and live chat. how come i can get 100 emails to do a day and i can answer all of them with no problem?

5. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    Glad it was a joke!:bassist:

6. Heh, "28 days later". Has anyone here watched it?
    Either way, this thread's future isn't that bright. No matter what your experience with a company is, you can't call them names here. You could have expressed your opinion about their customer service or whatever, but in a polite manner.

edit:And I just said that as a small piece of advice to prevent you from receiving a ban or a warning. Thanks for appreciating it...:rollno:

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I don't know about that...I've called the members of the board at LOUD "idiots" and "morons" many times over the past few months and have yet to receive an infraction or even had my posts edited. Done the same thing with TC Electronics as well. Apparently it's OK to do it when it's a company that does really stupid things.

8. I agree that it was a stupid thing from the company's side, but in the contex of this thread, and in the way that it was written, it sounded "harsh". Or so it seemed to me at least (from seeing other similar threads and their outcomes).
    Anyway...

9. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    I had one phone convo with LOUD about my SVT, the guy knew less than I did. Polite but useless.

10. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    What's your point?

Even "healthy" companies that aren't sitting dead in the water with a severe list rarely answer my customer support inquiries at all. When they do, it's auto-generated gibberish that doesn't address my question.

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i edited so people wouldn't get butt hurt about it.

asatbass: my review.

called the cs dept. no answer, voice mail full.
    called the parts dept. no answer, voice mail full.
    dialed RANDOM extensions, no answers at ANY of them during business hours.

so i emailed, got their generic response about delays and yadda yadda yadda.

with the urgency of my issue, i NEEDED to talk to someone. so i kept calling, kept calling, and kept calling. no one ever picked up the phone, and the voice mail boxes were always full.

i then remembered a friend worked at a music store his parents owned and might be able to help me. he made a call, heard back within 45 minutes.

12. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    :scowl:

i think my point is pretty clear...

pagiatis: maybe it does/did sound a little harsh, that's kind of the point. i do cs for a living, i know how things are but to take a month to reply to an email? come on. and if you aren't going to pick up the phone when i call, at least make sure your voice mail box is able to take phone calls.

13. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    Whatever. If they suck, post it. Unless Ampeg has a stake in this place who cares?

14. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    agreed.

15. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    to me this forum and others are a form of entertainment, communication, news, and one of comradeship, and it is a good way or perhaps the only way that we as consumers of high priced tools/toys have a way to let other folks know to buy or not to buy a product...

If you couldn't say what a mess a company is, but only be able to offer praise. that would be very unbalanced, would lead people down a bad path and open someone up to legal ligation somewhere down the road..or report to the BBB etc.
    If a company screws up, no matter who its is.. let it be known, make it public after you tried to fix it within a reasonable length of time let i be know to the world... then its up to the company to fix their mess and make it right or fall off the GAS list.. of everyone... i favor tough love:)
    IMO of course

16. svtscruggs

svtscruggs

Mar 18, 2006
    nashville, tn
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg Amps, Fender and Music Man basses
    just sayin...when i email my ampeg rep...he gets back to me usually within the hour...maybe you should seek the direct source...its easy to do...go to the website...then to support and there you have it...the email to the direct man...tell dino i said hi!