Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Louder Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fuzzybuzzy, May 27, 2005.

1. fuzzybuzzy

fuzzybuzzy

Dec 4, 2004
    My current amp (15 watts :crying: ) is obviously not loud enough to be heard over un-miked drums. So my question- what wattage do you guys recomend for my situation? Price range- $200-$300.

2. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey,

Not sure really what your situation is (type of music? how many guitarists or other instruments you have in your band? how big are the venues you play? what cab you got?) but...

Typically, to get over drums, i recommend 300 watts (solid state). That'll get you over practice and even most gigs. A little more or a little less won't make much of a difference.

At your price range? You are mostly gonna have to buy used, unless you come up on some bargain or super value brands and sometimes (sometimes) it compromises quality. Most likely for $200-$300 new you'll end up with 300-500 watts. Behringer, for example, comes to mind.

I suggest search online or on classifieds for a 300-500w amp in the used category. But you'll need a cab too, unless you got one already...

-T

3. fuzzybuzzy

fuzzybuzzy

Dec 4, 2004
    There is me the bass drums and one guitar (35watt amp). I play rock. Thanks for the help.

edit: I also dot't play gigs, it's just basically a jam situation. My current amp is a combo with a 10' speaker, so I have no cab.