1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Loudest" 4 x10 ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Warr Tapper, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    I am looking into getting a 4 x10, to replace 2 2x 10s. I want the loudest available. I have a QSC plx 1602, in bridged mode I will be either feeding the cab 1000 or 1600w. Berg and Accugroove are out (TOO EXPENSIVE). The Schroeder 410 light is very very tempting, (any one use it?)How are the Avatars? I keep reading great things about them, and the colored Tolex is nice looking.

2. From the info you've given, an Avatar 4x10 might be right up your alley. Inexpensive, and hungry for the wattage that you'll be throwing at it. And if you're looking for portability, check out the Neo models. I play the 2x12 and 2x10, and would have taken the 4x10 over the 2x10 if I needed that much speaker surface. If you can, try out an Avatar 4x10, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

3. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    www.billfitzmaurice.com

A DR250 with a single good high-power tenner and whatever tweeter option works for you would crush most 4x10" and leave you more room in the van. And less nuts in your boots at the end of the night...

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    avatars are great for the cash, but a schroeder will easily best it. heck, the 1210L i used to own was easily louder than an SWR 4x10 rental i a/b'ed it against.

5. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Eden 410xlt. At 106db/spl it is one of the loudest 410s out there. The only concern I see is the xlt is designed to take 700 watts so you would be overpowering it.

6. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    On the other hand, you can run very clean with lots of headroom with a 1600 watt amp.

7. SPL is how loud per watt... since he has massive wattage, SPL becomes somewhat unimportant (and most who are 'in the know' consider that 106 SPL fantasy anyway). However, the EdenXLT and XST are both capable of very loud volume when you pump 800-1000 watts into them.

IMO, based on my experience with his other cabs, the Schroeder410 would probably be the 410 the cab that could take the most wattage, punishment and provide the low mid punch at high volumes to muscle through most any mix.

As Jae pointed out, if 'loud' relative to box size is your primary goal, nothing out there matches the Schroeder line IME.