Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Loudness of a Euphonic Audio VL210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shimbaku, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Shimbaku

Shimbaku

Oct 31, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to push one of these cabinets beyond the norm and if they cut through the mix for you or fried.

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I have two VL210's. I use a PLX1602 power amp. That's 1000 watts at 8 ohms and 1600 watts at 4 ohms and those VL210's just keep beggin for more. I actually think they could take more. I used to power them with an SWR SM400 and really had to crank it to get the volume I needed. That's why I went with the PLX. Now at the same volume level those cabs sound much fatter and punchier. I guess it's the headroom. Anyway to answer your question the more watts I put into them the better they sound and they didn't fry.

3. TheCreature

TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I (used to) have (2) VL-210s driven by a PLX3002 bridged mono. That's 1500 watts per cabinet. I couldn't get the cabs to make farty noises even when the stage levels were high enough to make all the yellow lights blink on the amp. I was whackin them damn hard and they never complained.

That said, this was clean power, remember. If the amp starts clipping at those levels, goodbye drivers.