Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Louis johnson bass......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chili, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    on his licks video volume one, (he uses a musicman on that) but he says he is werking with crama and one day you'll be able to get a louis johnson bass, and that vid has been out for a while, and i cant find anything on this louis johnson bass, has anybody heard of it????

also where can i get his licks video volume 2? i cant by anything like that in the u.k, so somewhere i can download or a website to order from or anything would be kool

Chili

2. Chili,
    I believe a company called Trekker made a Louis Johnson bass, or worked we Louis on a design. But, Louis was ONE of the Cat's that made THAT Stingray tone famous! "Stomp", "Makes me wanna Wiggle"...

Sho U right,
    Bobbo 77"

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    His new bass is designed by Norton guitars. He also has a few more prototypes, one by Yamaha that has 80% of the lower body scooped out and it has two MM pickups in it. He also has one by Pensa Shur that has two Lane Poor J pickups close to the bridge and slanted like Thumb basses and it also has 80% of the lower body scooped out(this bass can be seen on the "Strawberry Letter 23, live in Oakland" DVD. I ordered mine from Barnes & Nobles. All of his basses Except for the Alembics, Trekkers and Nortons have J bass bodies. Louis also owns one of the few rare Spellbinder basses designed by Stanley Clarke. He has more signature models than any other bassist in exsistance.