Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Louis Satterfeild

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    \

Hey

Any body got any thing to say about this FuNKy a$$ Mofo I got 2 albums (little milton and donny Hathoway). Great olds school R&B guy that Id love to know more about, any body?

AJ

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    He was in an earlier version of Earth, Wind, & Fire.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    according to Verdine White, Louis help him out tremendously in his early years! One of the old school heros!

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Louis is the founder of Earth Wind and Fire.before that he was the founder of a early r&b group called the Pharaohs(with EW&F saxaphonist Don myrick,and guitarist Pete Cosey) and he founded the Phenix Horns,(with Don Myrick again on sax)he has played on 25 gold,8 double platinum,17 Platinum,6 double Gold,albums and 11 gold singles,and not just Bass,he's a very talented Trombonist as well.he has worked with everybody from Muddy Waters,the Jackson 5,to Phil Collins just to name a few.and by coincidence I will be paying him a visit next week.he lives here in Chicago.
    p.s.
    for the James Jamerson fans(Im one as
    well.)he
    was a pall
    bearer at
    Jamersons
    funeral

5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Wow

Thats great to know. Im gonna go out and find some of that stuff. You can tell that in boston some berklee guy transcribed and performed his line on "I Play Dirty" by Little Milton and presented the transcription and played it as part of a class.He might get a hoot out of that (might not?).

Thanks
    AJ

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    I will mention it to him,Im sure it will put a big smile on his face.

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.