Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lounge Topics

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by KeithPas, May 29, 2005.

1. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    How about not posting the Lounge Topics on the TB homepage along with the other open forum topics? The folks that like to argue things like politics and religion are still going to find everything just fine, the other supporting members that hate that garbage won't see it and the non supporting members can't post there anyway.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hmm... Where would I put the link to the lounge if I took it down from the forum homepage?

Paul

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    The flip side of this is that some non-supporting members who have opinions on some of the topics displayed may become motivated to be supporting members in order to get their two cents in. There are plenty of topics in the open forums that I could do without. I just breeze past them. Part of being involved in a newsgroup.

Peace,

James

4. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

I also want to see more supporting members but I am more interested in members that are here because of our common interest in all things bass rather than because of non bass topics. There have been times when a large percentage of the thread topics on the homepage are anti-religious or anti-government rants. That is fine, it just isn't why I choose to come to TB every day. Concerning the link to the lounge, it would still be available by going to forums.

5. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Maybe just dont read them??? I do like to talk politics and more than that i love to talk politics with other people that i have some things in common with such as playing bass! I also enjoy talking bass so bieng able to do both with my friends on talk bass is awsome. It is one of the main reasons i paid my dues. This is a great place and i dont think it would be a good idea to change things around just because a couple people dislike topics. I think it would be very obvious what topics you would want to read and the ones that you do. Just my two cents but i am probably wrong! :p

7. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    You're no more wrong than the rest of us Eric ;) . I don;t see other thread topics devolve into hateful ranting and hurt feeling as much as the ones I am talking about. I have smartened up and made a habit of not participating in these threads, they change no ones mind and they build walls between people.

8. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeah i agree i cant stand when someone gets so mad about it. But they are very important things to talk about. If i get to the point that i want to say somthing bad then i just leave and not go back to the post because i go by the rules. But yes it is hard to keep the bad attitude people out of it all. But then again if ya agreed with it all then it wouldnt be a very good discusion about politics or religion

9. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

You're a smart man. I don't get involved with controversial stuff because I lose my cool and say things I regret. I'm down with basses and amps and stuff like that. :bassist: The other stuff is a drag, if I want to get depressed about the state of the world all I have to do is watch the news.

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Exactly.

11. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I know i am strange but i just love politics. :scowl:

12. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Oh woops - are you referring to the 'latest threads' box on the homepage, in the right column?

13. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

Yeah Paul thats what I meant, sorry I did'nt make myself more clear.

14. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

Not strange at all from what I can tell Eric. I like politics too if it civil and intelligent. When it turns into a shouting match and people get disrespectful towards one another then I don;t like it.

15. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri