1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lounsberry Rupert Bass Overdrive - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 40Hz, Oct 12, 2017.

1. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Just became aware of some interesting pedals being done under the Lounsberry label. Pretty cool in that they're doing pedals for keyboards as well as bass and guitar.

Anyway, caught the demo for their Rupert Bass OD. And although YTube demos are not to be all that trusted, I was pretty impressed by what I heard. Which is to say a sound I haven't heard myself playing since my heavy progger days back in 1975 when I was putting either my Ripper or a borrowed Ric 4001 through my Acoustic 360.

A little on the proud side at $189. But I'm sorely tempted despite not being that big an OD aficionado. Because Wow! That sound

So…anybody here use or had the chance to try one? If so, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Hossenff

Hossenff

Jul 25, 2018
    I just got one and gigged with it this Friday. A bit less low end than the Bass Big Muff, but a great grindy sound. Also sounds great with my wah pedal and envelope filter.

JimmyM and loopee like this.
  3. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Can it do a nice low drive tone?

4. Sounds cool! :bassist:

As an asside... The TP in the tree is out of reach for the Bear dumping on the stump, thank goodness for the newspaper... :woot:

5. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    loopee and Robertron like this.