Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lousiana bassists,,,,,, IS THERE ANY?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PollyBass, Aug 7, 2002.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok, ive been a bassist in loussanaannana for a long time, and i still can't find a bass player. i live in farmerville, right up in northeast LA, by monroe and all that. ANYONE?

2. If farmerville is the actual name of the town, then i doubt it hehe.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    It is the real name of the town, isnt that sad? we are the ditrict 2-a champs in football though.... woopy...... so, no one then,,, ok....

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'm not anymore, but I lived in Baton Rouge until Nov. of 2000, and grew up in the opposite corner of the state, in Slidell.

There are a couple ex-patriots here (Armybass is from Mandeville originally) and at least one active bassist here from Lousy-ana - tripwamsley is from Sulphur (and he's an AMAZING player!).

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh thank god, thats comforting. All i know is i can go into a music store and five years later i can go in and see the same basses. I did find one other bassist, i met him today, seems he's in the other half of the bands i dont play in. Not full time jobs, just when they do a gig or something. weird.

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I had to wonder if my chain was getting yanked, too, Brett. Is that anywhere near Slapout???

Forget about finding Gard. This time of year, he's out in the middle of the Hootawatasatchee River in Tangipahoa Parish noodlin for flatheads.

[​IMG]

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Yeesh, darn Yankee (meaning anyone north of the LA/AR border ;) )...get it right, the Tangipahoa River itself is where the big 'cats are!

(By the way, I actually went to college in Tangipahoa Parish, Hammond actually...and spent many drunken weekends in an innertube floating down the lovely Tangipahoa River....plenty of catfish in it as well! :D)