1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

love Genz Benz but thinking to change to MarkBass need recondations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by otto B, Sep 30, 2009.

1. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    I currently owned a Genz Benz UBBER 2x12, I am currently thinking of either sale it or trade it. The only reason is that I only use this cab at my house I stated to realised that this is too big for my house. I heard the markbass and i like them. the problem is that i like the sound of the 1x15. What do you all recomend? I have seem that a lot of their 1x15 cabs are discontinue. why is this? is there is a problem with them cabs? I need some advised from TB meners that had or own MarkBass cabs

2. GeddyFlea1974

GeddyFlea1974

Feb 11, 2007
    Alabama
    Hey, I have a Markbass 151HR, and it's a great cab. It's real light, sounds great, and has held up for almost 100 gigs for me so far. I run a CMD102P too, and this combination is amazing. The 151HR is still in production, it's definitely worth looking into.

3. I haven't heard any issues with the MB 115. MB will correctly discontinue products that aren't selling, and I assume that is the reason that the larger single 115 and the 215 cab are discontinued.

If you are going to continue to use your Genz head, I would recommend one of their Shuttle cabs. The 112 is a nice one, and is really small.

4. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    I used to have a Genz Benz NEO 1x12 it was light weight but I didn't like the sound was way to mid and trebble sound I couldn't get that old school deep bass. I almost got it out of the Genz Benz UBBER 2x12 but I do like better the deep bass sound out of a 1x15 plus is smaller. I will be using the Genz Benz Shuttle max 6.0 amp.

5. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    so, the MarkBass 151HR is a great cab? does it give you a deep bass sound? can it handle the B string at loud volume.

6. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Otto,
    If you decide to move the Uber 212, I may be interested in buying it back. Shoot me an e-mail!!
    Terry