Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Love my mom, but am ready to choke her...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by miko, Oct 28, 2003.

1. oh. my. god.

why is it that when they invented mothers, they created them with a built-in aggravation factor?

i posted a while back that i was refinishing some old stainless steel cabinets for my mom. she's renting out her apartment, and i was going for a cool, 1940's retro-kitchen look, since that's essentially what was in the kitchen, and it's a cool look that appeals to a lot of people.

i scraped, sanded, stripped and suffered till i was near my end. i threw hammers across the kitchen coz i was so ticked-off at how difficult the job of stripping old metal cabinets was. but i made it to near the end last week. got most of the paint off and was working on buffing and siliconing the steel to give it a nice clean finish, when my mother paid a surprise visit to new york

AND HAD THE DAMN CABINETS TAKEN DOWN AND REPLACED WITH BRAND NEW WHITE ONES FROM HOME DEPOT!!!

i almost had a heart attack when i walked into the apartment. the noive of her! every week, i'd give her an update on how the cabinets were coming along, then all of a sudden she does a presto chango on me.

i gotta admit, it was a partial relief to be spared the aggravation of the rest of the project, but i got really ticked off. all that work only to see those things torn down and dumped!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

no more volunteering to help with repairs ever again!!

:mad:

2. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    It's not so much that your having to deal with "Mom," as it is have to deal with a Woman.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    At least she had good intentions. Some people would kill for a mother who would care that much, even if the good intentions were terribly misguided . . .

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

"ready to choke her... "

When it's time, I know a very reliable guy in E. St. Louis, Illinois, named "Five Dollar" Al.

Just make sure she's heavily insured and that you're the primary beneficiary on the insurance policy.

;)

5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

:D :p

6. Lock your doors.

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Of course, we know that Miko's a gal, right?? :D

-robert

8. i think now is the time to discuss the payment plan for your labour with her;)

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    sheesh Miko, you must have done a crummy job? (Just kidding)

A very good friend of mine painted his whole house exactly as per the colours chose by his wife. And did wonderful job too. She just didn't like the final look. She imagined it being different and made him re-do it all with a revised colour scheme.

That's probably what happened here.

She could have at least warned you.

10. ill take the cabinets...whats the ohmage

11. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    I dont like to help people anymore, Too many things went wrong/People VERY unapreciative...

The last time I tried to help anyone, I was at school and my friend had me hold his binder when he went to get something because his locker was stuffed with Cloths/Music/Sports stuff etc... so when he left I accidentally dropped the binder and on its way down I thought "If I were to kick it up... It wouldnt fall down" Needless to say it didnt work, My friend came back, saw all the paper spewed about the floor, Look at me, Looked at the papers, Looked at my other friends laughing histerically and back at me... Then he shrugged his shoulders and said "I blame myself..."

and I said, "I'll never help anyone EVER agian...:bawl: "