Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Love my sound!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soundoholic, Oct 12, 2003.

1. I just got an acme b4 three weeks ago and hated it!!! I loved the low end but hated everything else. I just had a gig this weekend and loved it. I was doing way too much eqing on the preamp level. I had my prescence on my sansamp way to high and I ended up cutting a little bass. I'm still playing around with the mid and high attenuetors on the cabinet. It's really weird to be really happy with my sound and to be able to hear myself on stage. Another happy acme customer!!!

2. I dig my B-4 as well. I leave my pre-amp pretty much flat. Sometimes (depending on the room) I'll boost a little around 250 and/or cut a little bass, much like I would in a recorded mix. A little EQ goes a L-O-N-G way with an Acme. Glad to hear you're diggin' it!!!:bassist:

3. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    Seattle
    I just sold my B4. Loved its tone, but could get the same volume and tone with a cab half its size. Maybe someday I'll go back for the B2, these cabs are incredible (despite their inefficiency). My 300 watt Carvin PA speaker sounds louder and cuts through better than my B4 ever did. My band likes it better, and can actually hear me at rehearsal now.