Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Love to hear some feedback on my band's new tracks

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by purplegecko97, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Hey Guys

My band just posted some tracks on purevolume off of our upcoming EP (indie-released). Everybody hear seems to really know their stuff so I'd love to hear what you guys think. Give it listen if you've got some time...

www.purevolume.com/g11

Thanks!

2. robe

robe

Oct 19, 2003
    Australia-Brisbane
    amazing, im not usually into that kind classical ..umm wateva u call it, but i reelly enjoyed all of them!

fantastic work!
    keep it up!

3. discoboo

discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    hey i used to live in morgantown. i'm listening to Beat It. nice take. where did you record this? we used to record at Frozen Sound with Kim Monday but i'm not sure he is recording bands anymore.
    now onto Masters of War...
    sounds like the drums need to be up more in the mix and the keys should come down some.
    Summertime...ahh, now that's a nice bass part.
    man, your band is pretty good. too bad you weren't playing when i was in town. anyway if you ever go into Gibbies and see a big dude with dreadlocks in the kitchen tell him "Nark" said hey. good luck...

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    just beat it...

Awesome. good work.

5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    OMg dude, this is amazing! I love it. Your beat it cover owns the original! (dont kill me, Im only a babe! :help: ) But really this is so , its nucking futs! Keep it up, If I lived down there I'd definately check you guys out. Maybe ya'all will come down to Montreal for our Jazz fest one day! :smug: :D I hope you guys make it! Whats up with your name by the way? I'm curious as to what it means.

6. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    i cant download the stuff!!! :( :bawl: fix it.

7. Wow, sorry guys...dripped out of the thread for awhile, hadn't got a chance to check back in for a bit. First of all, everybody thank you SO MUCH for the kind comments...we really appreciate it, it means an incredible deal. As far as the download problem goes I'm not real sure what happened there but i *think* its fixed now :)...sorry about that.

Discoboo - its wild to run into a morgantonion on here, its funny you should mention Gibbies because i pretty much lived there about a year ago (almost to the point where i was thinking about having my mail forwarded there) so odds are if you hung out gibbies, too we would probably know each other at least by sight....small world, huh? Thanks for the helpful insights on Masters of War...we'll definately keep that in mind in future sessions. It's amazing what another set of years can do to a track :) Oh, and we recorded this with Jay Demko at his in-house studio on pleasant street. Not sure if you know Jay or not, he seems to be involved one way or another with a lof othe morgantown music scene. I'd never had the pleasure of meeting him until this project but he's a great guy. He gets an awesome sound from the band and is the nicest guy you'd ever meet on top of that...killer combination.

Sargebaker - Thanks for the awesome comments on Beat It...i'm really psyched you dig it. As far as the name goes its actually a reference to our rehearsal space. All of us worked for a research lab at West Virginia University at one point (which is how we all met) that was housed in office G11. When we started playing together we were hard pressed to find rehearsal space...finally in desperation the one guy that still worked for the lab asked the lab director if we could possibly use the office in the evenings. She agreed without hesitation and has been great about ever since...she even lets us store our equipment there and she sends out gig announcements to the faculty mailing list everytime we play. After she'd been so great about it all we thought naming the band after the rehearsal space seemed a fitting tribute.

Again guys, thanks so much for the kind comments. You've really made our day with them. If anybody would like to stay in touch feel free to drop us a line at g11.music@gmail.com
    We'd love to talk jazz or anything with you guys.

Thanks again! :hyper:

8. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    Thanks! the downloads work now :hyper: :D