For Sale/Trade Lovely Lakland 55-AJ. Black cherry. Great condition. Active jazz 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ken Lloyd, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Ken Lloyd

Ken Lloyd Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Price:
    Strings:
    With three Lakland 5ers that I cherish, one has to go so I can get a fretless 5er.

For sale/trade is a fine sounding and great looking 2011 beautiful black cherry red 5 string active Lakland Skyline jazz bass: the 55-AJ. All electronics fully functional and very useful. Fairly new strings. Well set up.

Ships in Lakland gig bag and exceedingly well packed in a sturdy box.

I've played this bass on a few dozen gigs; it's a great sounding bass on the bandstand. When playing with a heavy left hand piano banger, the tone options allowed me to cut through nicely in the live mix. Tonally, it's a bit similar to my 55-02 and I don't need both. I need cash for a fretless 5er.
    Weight is close to 10 pounds and I don't have a good scale.

There are a few signs of play-related wear, none major.

Paypal OK. You pay actual shipping costs. Happy to answer any questions and discuss offers. I'd like to move this one, so speak up if you're at all interested.

Possible trades (+/- cash either way):

Fretless Lakland five string basses, 55-02, 55-60 and so on, Skyline or U.S.

Maybe a EBMM stingray fretless 5 (one without any of the famous dead spots on the neck).

Maybe a Sire M7 5-string fretless.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017 at 9:10 AM
  2. Douglas Giorgiani

Douglas Giorgiani Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    What about a Fender 5 plus cash?
    IMG_1271.JPG IMG_1272.JPG IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1274.JPG

3. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Nice looking bass. Thanks for checking in, though fretless Lakie 5 or Stingray fretless 5 are my main trade interests.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Douglas Giorgiani likes this.
  4. cyclomatic

cyclomatic Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2010
    NYC/Westchester
  5. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Thanks for the possibility. Pretty bass. Although generally familiar with the brand, I don't know anything about the model, so I'll have to dig for info, some you included in your post. Important to me are weight, nut width, pups/tone, scale length, owners experience with the B string. Thanks

6. studio848

studio848 Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    SoCal
    excellent bass. I own one in grey... GLWTS