1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Loven my new jackson

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by trussman, Jul 18, 2001.

1. trussman

trussman

Jun 16, 2001
    Alvin,Texas
    I recently started playing and was given a VERY old Gibson S.G. bass "didnt even know that they made a bass in the S.G. " that has got me HOOKED ,but the fret board was trashed and pickups were in bad shape. So instead of sinking all that money in an antique I went and got a new Jackson and WOW does it sing out . Does anyone else own one,or have an opion on them cause I dont see anyone talking about them. Even if its negative I can handle it. BY the way it is a C-20.

2. don't have any opinions on jacksons, just figured i would throw my two cents in in saying that i personally would have probably put in money for the SG repairs.

3. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Guest

Jul 16, 2001
    Brooklyn N.Y.
    I've played and still do play a Charvell bass ( same company as Jackson) as well as most of the Jackson line nad they're not bad, I got nice tonal quality from most of them, I don't recall if I played C-20, but if you're looking to find that "WOW! I don't believe it's a charvel/Jackson" sound, invest $130 and put some active EMGs in your bass. If you're interseted in selling the SG drop me a line and we'll talk.

Mike

Feel free to Email me at PurgatoryLounge@hotmail.com