Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Loven my new jackson

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by trussman, Jul 18, 2001.

1. trussman

trussman

Jun 16, 2001
    Alvin,Texas
    I recently started playing and was given a VERY old Gibson S.G. bass "didnt even know that they made a bass in the S.G. " that has got me HOOKED ,but the fret board was trashed and pickups were in bad shape. So instead of sinking all that money in an antique I went and got a new Jackson and WOW does it sing out . Does anyone else own one,or have an opion on them cause I dont see anyone talking about them. Even if its negative I can handle it. BY the way it is a C-20.

2. don't have any opinions on jacksons, just figured i would throw my two cents in in saying that i personally would have probably put in money for the SG repairs.

3. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Guest

Jul 16, 2001
    Brooklyn N.Y.
    I've played and still do play a Charvell bass ( same company as Jackson) as well as most of the Jackson line nad they're not bad, I got nice tonal quality from most of them, I don't recall if I played C-20, but if you're looking to find that "WOW! I don't believe it's a charvel/Jackson" sound, invest $130 and put some active EMGs in your bass. If you're interseted in selling the SG drop me a line and we'll talk.

Mike

Feel free to Email me at PurgatoryLounge@hotmail.com