Lovetone Meatball owners? (EBS BassIQ too!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steamboat, Jan 11, 2001.

1. I'm really interested in buying a good envelope filter. Hands down, the best one I've ever tried out is the EBS BassIQ, but I'm also interested in the Lovetone Meatball. I'm guessing that the Meatball is a superior pedal, but since I can't try the Meatball before I buy, I'd like to get a handle on if the Meatball is superior enough to warrant me shelling out approximately $150 US (and international shipping) more for it.

I need something that is durable and quiet, and I believe both pedals meet those requirements pretty well.

I love experimenting with stuff, and that really draws me to the Meatball. All of the Lovetone pedals look like they are an experimenter's dream. But, the simplicity of the BassIQ could be nice. Even with just 2 knobs and a 3 way switch, I was able to coax a wide range of good sounds from it, and with more time to tweak it I'd be able to get more.

I'd be using the pedal with both fretted and fretless bass. One has a low B, so I guess if one of the pedals doesn't handle the low B that well, that'd be a good thing to mention.

I'm not really asking for anything specific.. I'd just like to hear anything that anybody has to say about either pedal. I'm mostly wondering about the Meatball, since I have played the BassIQ, but comments about the BassIQ are just as welcome (especially if it's about a negative experience with the pedal). Any experiences from someone that's been lucky enough to compare both pedals would be great.

2. Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Bass IQ...The only thing I use lately.