Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lovetone meatball

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ColForbs, Jul 21, 2001.

1. ColForbs

ColForbs

Jul 21, 2001
    ...From what I have heard these things sound pretty damn funky on bass ...Anyone have one? Are they worth the money? I am looking for a quality envelope filter, and have been told that the meatball blows th competition away...my only reservations are a. I haven't played one in person as they are not that common, and b. it is very expensive ($350)

2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    The Meatball is an amazing effect to say the least! Thick, syrupy funk wah, space sounds, etc. It is so crazy. You can use two expression pedals and it has an effects loop that you could put a fuzz or something else in to make some weird noises with. Very well-built and they hold their value--unlike most pedals out there. You will love it, and dealing with Vlad is great. Their service is top-notch. Another pedal you might like that is cheaper is the Big Briar Moogerfooger Low-pass filter. I think the Meatball is by far the best envelop filter out there. Good Luck!