1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Loving Lakland!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by denpan, Mar 11, 2009.

1. denpan

denpan

Jan 27, 2007
    Phoenix,AZ
    Just picked up a Lakland Skyline this weekend. Such an amazing bass. They had the price at 978.00, and I went in to Sam Ash with a 20% off card on Sat. Walked out for just under 800.00. Great playing, super good sound and feel. I was able to get the action way down. Set-up, fit and finish are flawless. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Can't wait for our next gig! Now the only problem is the Bongo has to go by-by.:crying:

Attached Files:

2. sport88

sport88

Nov 1, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    I currently have 2 and have had several laklands and loved'em all. You can't find a bass in the Skyline price range that can touch them.

enjoy !

3. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    I've had a Lakland USA 55-94 since 2001. The necks are just rock solid and the bass sits just right in the mix.

Ric

4. RG

RG

May 11, 2000
    central Illinois
    Congrats, Good deal on a great bass. I have a DJ 5 and I love it.

5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Excellent choice and a good-to-great price! (If that DJ is new, I'm calling it great.) I have a DJ4 myself.

6. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    Looks great! I've got major gas pains for a DJ skyline.
    How does the neck profile compare to a fender jazz?

7. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Someone has been putting an extra scoop of magic dust on these DJ basses for quite some time now...

8. denpan

denpan

Jan 27, 2007
    Phoenix,AZ
    Brand spank'n new. The neck is rock solid so far. I also have a 08 Fender Am. Standard, and it seems I'm always screwing around with the neck. Can't complain, I have 2 breat basses that I can take anywhere!

9. denpan

denpan

Jan 27, 2007
    Phoenix,AZ
    Nut width seems narrower. Radius seems thinner. Love the back of the DJ neck! Super easy bass to get around. Like I said before, if you like your action LOW, this bass delivers. The paint on this thing is amazing. I'm not much into blue, but this paint POPS!

10. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    this isn't going to be easy to resist!
    congratulations again.

11. denpan

denpan

Jan 27, 2007
    Phoenix,AZ
    Just give in to it. It only hurts for awhile.

12. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh, I probably will. Closest place to try one is Austin, best I can tell.
    In the meantime you're just going to have to let me know how freakin incredible yours is!!

13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Dayum! $800 is a good price for a used one, even now!

I'd agree, the DJ neck is a bit shallower than a Fender MIA's. And the radius is similar to that of a Fender reissue, it's a little more curved than that of an MIA (or a Lakland JO, for that matter).

14. denpan

denpan

Jan 27, 2007
    Phoenix,AZ
    Agreed. well put.

15. manutabora

manutabora

Aug 14, 2007
    Iowa City, IA
    You guys are killing me with the Lakland G.A.S. :bawl:
    I want!! Bad!!

Congrats!

16. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    I absolutely LOOOOVVVVEEEEE my DJ5. It rocks harder than.... well, something that rocks ridiculously hard!!!