1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Loving life right now

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Oct 8, 2013.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Just came out of a difficult period in my life and now I am really enjoying everyday things. This morning I saw my wife asleep in bed her beautiful curly hair spread out on the pillow. After 32 years it still blows my mind how much we love each other. How could such a sweet beautiful women love a broken down guy like me?
    Got to spend time reading, praying and meditating in the semi dark stillness of the dawn.
    Then I got to ride my bicycle and cruised over the hills to work.
    Now I get to post this crazy thread here and talk to people all over the world.
    Yes, I still have issues and I probably will but right now they have no power over me. This has been going on for about a week now and hope it never ends. When it does I will always have this time and others like it to look back on.
    I wish I could pour it into cups and pass it around. Okay beer is close to that but not exactly the same. :p
    I can't get this song out of my head, and that is a good thing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1YASW3rhc

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I have no legitimate complaints myself at this time.

You can figuratively pass around your good cheer by posting threads like this, as well as random acts of kindness to strangers. A genuine smile, holding a door, helping someone pick up something they dropped, thumbs up to a person who looks frazzled, stopping to thank a police officer or firefighter, taking on a chore around the house to relieve your wife of the duty.

-Mike

3. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    "I can't complain but sometimes I still do."

I could, but I won't.

Savor the good times.

4. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Awesome to hear this. I feel just like you most days. I believe prayer is the answer and try to be thankful at all times. Keep it going brother.

5. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    You're back on the green stuff, aren't you? ;)

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Awesome to hear slo!

Im an avid fan of life. Ive found a peaceful place in myself thats really hard to shake me out of.
    Despite the problems or obstacles that may occur and get me down for a minute it doesnt take much to get me back on my feet and feeling good. Hey, its better than the alternative.

7. slobake

smoking hundred dollar bills and green Columbo stogies. :p:p:p

8. slobake

Right back at you Matticus. Yes it is better.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It's unfortunate when you see the threads opposite of these. I struggle to understand how someone can linger in those murky depths of despair.

-Mike

10. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Haha...you should see some of the nonsense being spouted over in some of the Misc/BM threads.

If I was 20 years younger, I'd probably allow myself to get sucked in. What I find most disappointing is the abject musical snobbery some folk choose to espouse from their soapboxes...from the naive teens through to the should-know-better fortysomethings and older.

Back on topic...I had an email today from an ex-student who is now well into her twenties, inviting me to her wedding in Ibiza. She told me at length how big a deal my influence on her was, and that she's now got a super job in Germany working on a new type of artificial limb.

She thanked me for turning her from a science geek into an intellectual badass - a phrase I stole from bassybill a while back.

So yeah, warm fuzzy feeling at my awesomeness.

11. slobake

Great story Titus, I always pictured you as a good teacher. Someone who can get kids excited about learning. Oh yeah and a football hooligan too.:p

12. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Haha thanks Steve. Yeah, I'm pretty damn good :)...

...but my hooligan days are long gone.

13. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Glad to hear you're groovin' on life, brother. While I'm certainly happy, it's been a long time since I've had that "everything is beautiful" outlook. I think it's something that went away with my younger days. :meh: You are blessed.

14. Thanks for this thread, slobake. I was feeling down, missing my wife. Since she's been gone the last 4 days, it has been the longest month of my life. She should be back Saturday and things will be back to (ab)normal. A "feel good" thread helps. Thanks.

15. slobake

Just think about how much fun you will have when she gets back.:hyper: Be sure and throw out all those empty pizza boxes. :p