1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Low B-2 Padded Tuki Cover...pics???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by D. Matthews, Oct 12, 2001.

1. D. Matthews

D. Matthews

Apr 16, 2001
    Canada
    Does anyone out there using Acme speakers have the padded Acme/Tuki Covers? How do you like them, and are they worth the $75 each for a Low B-2 cover? I need two. Also, if you have any pics of one I'd love to see it before I go bugging Andy Lewis.
    Thanks for your help.

2. D. Matthews

D. Matthews

Apr 16, 2001
    Canada
    Doesn't anyone have these covers.......anyone?......anyone?

3. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    I have a Tuki cover for my Peavey TX810 cabinet. It cost $90, and was worth it to me. They're made of heavy cordura nylon, with padding inside (1/2", I think). I doubt the thing will ever tear or snag. You don't need a picture - It's black and rectangular shaped.

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I have factory Tuki covers for my Epifani cabs. They fit nice and tight, they even have a velcro strap that goes across the bottom so the cover won't slip off.

Yeah, $75 seems like a lot of money compared to the cost of the cabinet but they are really well made covers, a big step up from the unpadded vinyl covers you normally see.

5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
  6. Just about everything I own right down to my PA stuff has a tuki cover. I love them!:D

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yup, i've got one for my B2. great cover. $75 is a good price, but you can get cheaper from LeCover or Kangaroo. still, i got mine cause i'm a big Tuki fan. but if you order from anywhere else, make sure you dont forget to have whoever make holes on the side for the lifting handles.