Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Low B issue on Carvin LB75P

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Not sure if this should be in Setup or Pickups or Strings but figured I'd start in Basses since I am not sure what the prob is.

The low B on my LB75P. I just changed from DR Fats to KS Rock Masters, but it didnt help. Tried raising the strings, adjusting the pup height too. Not much diff. The B just sounds muffled. Any ideas? :confused:

2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Try Pro Steels. Good tone , nice extra tension. Get the tapered Bstring-long scale .135 or .130. Make sure string is orientated properly. Loosen bstring, pull the coil off post & if it's pointing up, there's a twist in the string. You have to have a tapered b string because it's a tight fit w/ the piezo saddles. Hope this helps.

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    UPDATE!

I got a set of LaBella Hard Rockin Steels and brought it to a luthier. He made some adjustments to the saddle and nut and it has come to life! The low B now rocks!!! Clear, loud and punchy! :hyper: