1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Low B strung-thru body is Stuck

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by behemecoytl, Nov 18, 2010.

1. behemecoytl

behemecoytl

Oct 1, 2008
    my strings are strung through the body and I'm trying to change them, but the low B is stuck. I can't push it through- the rest of them came out, and the problem seems to be the cloth at the end of the strings creating too much friction...

Any tips on how to get the Low B string out?

2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Either keep pushing, work on stripping the silk, or cut the string. No real other way around it. If you have the option, top-bridge stringing might be the best method for next time.

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Had this happen with a regular top load bridge once. The rear hole string goes thru was little too small. Causeing string ball end to get stuck there with its red wrap. Anyway, I used a very thin screwdriver that I could fit into the front. For you its gonna be thin long one that you can get into the hole on bodys top. Insert it a little bit then lightly tap on the screwdriver top with a hammer. Till you push string ball end out bodys rear fural. I replaced the bridge cause it happened next time to. And couldnt figure out a way to widen the bridges hole. Metal file might of worked but the width of metal id have to file out seemed like itd be too time consuming. LOl.

4. oyobass

oyobass

Feb 20, 2008
    Spanaway, WA
    What I've done is to straighten the string as much as possible, then grab it with a pair of pliers about a milimeter or two above the bridge. Tap the pliers gently with a small hammer or the butt end of a screwdriver. Either the string will come out, or the string and ferule will come out together.
    Once seperated, I file the ferule opening a bit to allow for the larger guage string, or go to the next lighter gauge.