1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Low Cost Recording device.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by MatticusMania, Oct 3, 2008.

1. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Hey, so I've got this Idea for a new band I want to put together. I basically want to have a band of improv musicians that are into experimental, progressive, and ambient rock. We'll set up a few jams to gel with each other, and then start playing shows. Basically I want a band that NEVER plays the same songs twice. Each gigs show will be unique to THAT SHOW ONLY and never to be played the same way again, though we'll have a balanced mix in the PA and set a recorder up to that, catching the live experience, and also the unique performance, which we can then sell to our audience.

So my question is this, what would be a good, low cost, digital recorder to record the mix from the PA, and then to upload to a PC for fine tuning?
    I've always though that little Fostex recorder would be a good way to go, but I dont have much experience using recorders so...

your help is appreciated. =)

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Zoom H2

3. atlnikko

atlnikko

Jun 13, 2007
    +1 on the Zoom H2, I just got one and I am very impressed with it. I got it for the exact reason you shared. :D

4. Edirol R-09 :spit:

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Edirol R-09=$399

Zoom H2=$199

Save yourself $200!

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Yeah, I popped in a similar thread someone had started, and I decided on the H2 as well.

One question, does it have a line-in jack, and if so, is it a 1/4" or 1/8" jack. Not that that matters, as theyre easily adjusted.

7. rmrf

rmrf

Mar 6, 2006
    Holiday, FL
    It has 1/8" line-un.

8. line6 toneport : 50$