1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Low cost wooden knob idea

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ews72, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ews72

ews72

Aug 21, 2005
    Indiana
    While wondering the 'bay for wood for a custom bass(which is likely to never happen) I stumbled across wooden "plugs" (those things people put in their earlobes to stretch them).

While the slight bevel could be an annoyance, if you have any skills with a tap/dye set and a drill I think you could convert them into attractive, low cost wooden knobs quite easily.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about just do a search for wenge plugs.

Just wanted to share the idea and see what people thought of it.

2. I saw a guy with ear plugs once, they were some pretty cool wood, I think it was pink ivory or a really light piece of purple-heart. I had trouble not laughing at him, he was threatening to beat me up at the time.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For not much more you can buy your own plug cutters (few bucks), drill press (or hand drill if you're feeling adventurous) and a few other cheap tools and make your own with a bit of patience.