low down sound cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Anyone tried these? I was thinking of getting two 1-12 cabs for Electric and a 2-8" cab for upright?
  2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    ha ha i'm usually very "anti-search"....but there has been a lot of talk about them lately here. do a search for low down sound or lds.

i hear the construction, sound, and customer service is great for the money.

i'm getting one in a few weeks myself.
  3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I've got a 2 X 10 neo on order, But I played a 2 X 8 today at Low Down with a Fodera 5 and an Ibenez neck-thru 5 driven by a clarius , unbelievable small rig. I believe they have 1 X 12 in stock and I know his pricing is excelent, I'm sure it would be worth a try. Don will usually guarentee his cabs if you don't order something to exotic. I'd give them a call.
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Great cabs. Talk to Don and tell him what you are looking for from your rig, and he will certainly help you out. He sells a ton of other great gear, too.
  5. jmacdbass

jmacdbass jmacdbass.com, openmusiccollective.org Supporting Member

I have recently got a set of Low Down Sound 14 inch Cubes, one has a B&C coax and the other has a 1x10 Eminence with a Whizzy Cone. I love the cabs alot and they are really different, I have them matched with a Jazzamp head and the b&c is both warm and powerful and it weighs nothing. the 1x10 is more punchy and capable of having a real mean overdriven sound that I really like, the 2 together create enough sound to keep up with a afrocuban band I play with 3 drummers (2 percussion), the set player being the loudest drummer I have ever played with (he also really like these speakers alot)
    Don is awesome and isn't satisfied until your happy, 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, really happy with my gear, just wish I had more for a loud stereo set up.