Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

low down sound cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Anyone tried these? I was thinking of getting two 1-12 cabs for Electric and a 2-8" cab for upright?

2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    ha ha i'm usually very "anti-search"....but there has been a lot of talk about them lately here. do a search for low down sound or lds.

i hear the construction, sound, and customer service is great for the money.

i'm getting one in a few weeks myself.

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I've got a 2 X 10 neo on order, But I played a 2 X 8 today at Low Down with a Fodera 5 and an Ibenez neck-thru 5 driven by a clarius , unbelievable small rig. I believe they have 1 X 12 in stock and I know his pricing is excelent, I'm sure it would be worth a try. Don will usually guarentee his cabs if you don't order something to exotic. I'd give them a call.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Great cabs. Talk to Don and tell him what you are looking for from your rig, and he will certainly help you out. He sells a ton of other great gear, too.

5. jmacdbass

jmacdbass jmacdbass.com, openmusiccollective.org Supporting Member

I have recently got a set of Low Down Sound 14 inch Cubes, one has a B&C coax and the other has a 1x10 Eminence with a Whizzy Cone. I love the cabs alot and they are really different, I have them matched with a Jazzamp head and the b&c is both warm and powerful and it weighs nothing. the 1x10 is more punchy and capable of having a real mean overdriven sound that I really like, the 2 together create enough sound to keep up with a afrocuban band I play with 3 drummers (2 percussion), the set player being the loudest drummer I have ever played with (he also really like these speakers alot)
    Don is awesome and isn't satisfied until your happy, 2 thumbs up, 5 stars, really happy with my gear, just wish I had more for a loud stereo set up.