Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LOW DOWN SOUND CABs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by instigata, Mar 18, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    any own have one/try one? looks cool, but may be expensive? definitely nice to get a custom cab. i know having a 2 space rackwith some side ventilation would b out of this world.

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Try doing a search. I own the 2 X10 neo and the 2 X 12 neo and love them both. I was at the recent Tombowlus GTG, and didn't play anything that made me say " man I got to sell my stuff". Their light, loud, balanced, warm, efficient and articulate. What more can you ask? For a search just use the LDS abbreviation, their are a bunch of lengthy threads on them.

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I had an LDS 5x8 for a while that was: fast, clean punchy, tons of low end, and not so efficient. Pretty heavy too. They do good work, and I really dug that cab, but I dig my Schroeder 1210 more.

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Just got my 2x12 / 2x6 neo. It's awesome, and Don is a pleasure to work with.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I actually think that they offer a lot of cab for the money (as opposed to being 'expensive'). I like 'em! :D

Tom.

6. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i've got chef's old 5x8, and i can echo all his comments about it.
    it's pretty inefficient; but has great, clear tone- and since i love to run 2 cabs and made a stereo power amp a must have before i picked up the lds, the lower sensitivity doesn't bother me too much.

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    V-12: glad you're digging it!