LOW DOWN SOUND CABs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by instigata, Mar 18, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    any own have one/try one? looks cool, but may be expensive? definitely nice to get a custom cab. i know having a 2 space rackwith some side ventilation would b out of this world.

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Try doing a search. I own the 2 X10 neo and the 2 X 12 neo and love them both. I was at the recent Tombowlus GTG, and didn't play anything that made me say " man I got to sell my stuff". Their light, loud, balanced, warm, efficient and articulate. What more can you ask? For a search just use the LDS abbreviation, their are a bunch of lengthy threads on them.

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I had an LDS 5x8 for a while that was: fast, clean punchy, tons of low end, and not so efficient. Pretty heavy too. They do good work, and I really dug that cab, but I dig my Schroeder 1210 more.

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Just got my 2x12 / 2x6 neo. It's awesome, and Don is a pleasure to work with.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I actually think that they offer a lot of cab for the money (as opposed to being 'expensive'). I like 'em! :D

Tom.

6. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i've got chef's old 5x8, and i can echo all his comments about it.
    it's pretty inefficient; but has great, clear tone- and since i love to run 2 cabs and made a stereo power amp a must have before i picked up the lds, the lower sensitivity doesn't bother me too much.

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    V-12: glad you're digging it!