1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Low Down Sound Praise...got a new 55-01!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rumzini, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Just wanted to mainly give a HUGE shout out to Bob at Low Down Sound in Ferndale, MI. What an absolute class act this place is. I traded in my Ibanez with some cash for a black Lakland 55-01 and a Warwick Rockbag and some strings! I also got a Boss TU-2 tuner that I had been GASing for a long time now. I can't seem to find them used so I said to heck with it and bought new. Bob hooked me up and took great care of me. I STRONGLY suggest anyone to go there for there bass needs. It's a lil ver an hour drive from where I live but man o man was it worth it. I went right to the practice room and met my guitarist/brother in law playing on his new today Epiphone Flying V! So what the heck...a lil impromptu blues rock metal jam insued! I can't wait till tomorow night for practice and to audition a new singer...things are good!

BTW while I was the I met fellow TB'er Tom Bowlus from Ohio! What a swell guy he is. Got a few toys of his own...let me know if you wanna get rid of that hot-rodded bass you had there!

Anyways...thanks Bob for such a great visit!

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Tom Bowlus, never comes when I'm there! Congrats, I hope you enjoy we had a TB convention there yesterday with me, Mikebass and G. With three other guys, Mike had his VB and his Metro, I had my Metro, and there was a guy there with sweet Post Gibson Tobias 5 that was rippin the place up, Everytime I go there I get a Clinic!

3. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Yeah man! Low Down is the place. Nothing but nice people, nice gear, and some chops! You weren't kidding burk... I learned enough from those 20 minutes or so I was there to keep me practicing for a week or two.

4. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Awesome Choice, although I got my 5502 from Basscentral (plug):cool: ,
    Iv heard nothing but some great things about Low Down. Hey and the Lakland aint bad either!:)