1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Low End LEJ 6-24 Firemist Gold

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ad9000, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    This the best 6-string J-style bass I've ever played. It was displayed (and purchased by me) at the NAMM show in Jan. of this year. It was the bass that easily got the most attention in the Low End booth. I'm selling it reluctantly because I've decided as far as J-bass style instruments go, I am just not a 6-string guy.
    I'm dropping the price to $2700 or best offer shipped to cont US. I'm not interested in any trades right now.

It comes with a nice Body Glove gig bag. I added Dunlop straplocks and replaced the chrome pickup screws with black ones, 'cause I like that look better. I had Brian Barrett (Low End owner) send me some old-style Jazz Bass knobs to replace the chrome dome knobs that were originally on the bass. I returned the chrome knobs to him.

Weight is just over 10 lbs. 24 frets, 34" scale, alder body, birdseye maple fingerboard on maple neck, Benavente-designed electronics and Kent Armstrong pickups. Controls: vol/vol/passive tone + pull active defeat/treble + bass cut & boost (stacked pot).

It has been taken out on a lot of gigs in the 3 months or so that I have had it, so it has received some minor battle scars, none really that really draw your attention unless you look closely. There are a couple of minor scratches - both near the top of the lower bout on the treble side (see last photo). One is about 1 1/4" and the other is about 1/2", and they are in the clear coat only, so you can't really even see them from certain angles. Also, there is a ding about 4mm in diameter in the same area, which I couldn't get to show up in a photo. That doesn't go through the finish either. There are a couple of very tiny (1 mm) dings on the top of the body, and some minor scratches on the top control plate. The pickguard has the typical surface scratches that you get if you so much as breathe on it for any length of time. In the process of replacing the knobs, the top shaft on the stacked pot got a little gnarled up. That is obviously not visible.

Hope it can find a good home!

LEJbodyfront.

LEJfront.

LEJbodyrear.

LEJcontrols.

LEJheadsorckrear.

LEJheadstock.

LEJrear.

LEJscratch.

2. TRBman

TRBman

Jul 9, 2006
    Paris, France
    :eek: woooh!!! what a such nice Brian's Artwork!
    Top free Bump!:smug:

3. The finish looks so good with the plain maple fretboard. Beautiful bass.

4. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    The only things I think I would be interested in trading for right now are a Dingwall 6 or Fodera 6 (dream on for the latter) :crying:

5. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    do you live on a tropical island? :)

6. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    I take that as a compliment for my photography skills.

7. masoncole

masoncole Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2009
    TBer's,

These LEJ's are ,in my opinion, the best basses currently made!The sound,playability and looks are second to none.Stop looking!This is the bass to have.Trust me, I've had them all and these LEJ's are the best I've found. I have a 5 string now but want a 4,6 and 7 string!Try to play one of these and once you do you'll have to have one.

Lucky

8. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    Absotively, what he just said! I never understood why musicians want more than one of the same bass, NOW I KNOW!!! A word to the wise is sufficient:hyper: Lowend basses are to die for! If I'm lying I'm dying!:bassist:

9. dpbass613

dpbass613

Feb 21, 2009
    Any interest in a real fender 75 jazz bass?! lol, thats a stretch, sick bass man, i saw your earlier posting of this and wish i had the scratch!

10. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    a '75 Jazz sounds tempting, but I'm kind of overloaded with J-style basses. Thanks for the offer.

11. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    I love my LEJ6 Cocobolo top!!!

12. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Trades...... :bag:

13. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    Brian,
    What have you got?

14. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    bump for price drop: $2700 obo shipped

15. LowBSix

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Bump for a fantastic bass and a smart guy cuz he's playing a LEJ!!!

16. LowBSix

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    I'm getting an Ash body/Rosewood on Maple Neck TriTone Sunburst...
    I love LEJs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TTT

17. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    You know it's funny, I ALMOST bought this bass. And when I emailed to ask Brian about canceling my order and selling me that one, it had already been sold. Another month, and I'll finally have mine!

18. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.