Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Low end prices for used Yams in UK

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rockin John, May 10, 2001.

1. Hi guys.

A very difficult question, I know, but I'd like some opinion if possible, please.

I'm strongly considering a used, low end Yam. Something like:

RBX260
    RBX360
    BBN4

Any thoughts on £££ for basses in good condition, please?

Thanks.

Rockin John

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Oh....YAMAHA....

......silly me, I thought he meant used produce! ;) I just had to peek, how much for a used yam....

...ever heard of Karen Findlay?? :eek:

3. Hello Gard.

Nope. Never heard of this person. Should I have done? Is it relavent to my enquiry and if so, how?

John

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    John -

No, you shouldn't have heard of this person, and be glad you haven't. She certainly has no relevance to your quest, as does my post. Sorry for abusing your query for my own poor attempt at humor :). Sadly, I cannot actually help you, as I'm in the US, not the UK. Good luck in your quest, the Yamaha basses you're looking at are usually a good value, in my opinion.

5. dunno about yams, but I know of a gourd going cheap....*drum fill+crash cymbal*
    sorry, couldn't resist.

but new Yamahas tend to get sold off cheap quite often eg. Musical Exchanges/Soho Soundhouse.

apparently Rose Morris in Denmark Street are getting rid of all their Yamaha and Epiphone basses at the end of the month (bass dept being merged with guitar dept) so prices have been slashed (there were a few BBN4 and 5's).

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I may have, I live in large college town. Does she do (shudder) some type of "performance art?" Simple yes or no will suffice, no need for description.