Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Low-end spectors(pun intended) And the dean rhapsody

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PollyBass, Dec 6, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    hey there all! My, uh.....friend...lost alot of money on a bet. and now i,,,,uh....he, cant get the bass he wanted. now his price range is looking a little lower. So i was wondering what you guys thought about the lower end spectors? Are they pretty good for the price? i was also thinking about a MIM P-Bass speical, but i dont think they upgraded the pickups in those like they did the Standerds. But the spectors have some stuff i like. and, well, they look cool. Yeah yeah i know. Anyone also try out the Dean Rhapsody 4 string? the one with two pickups? what would YOU get if you had the price range of 400-570 dollers? Those were the ones i was looking at. i know about the kingston also. By the by. if you had to pick between a low-end spector, and the dean. what would YOU get? those are alot of qustoins. but it would be helpful if i had your complete un-baised opinoin. thanks.

2. wheheh.. dumb-ass :D

Ibanez ofcourse.. doh ! :D

I'd go for the spector.. spector NS2000-Q5 are nice basses, very nice basses in fact. They have cute little body, and very good tone, lots of lows and mids.

i think they're made in .CZ ?

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    If you by ".CZ" mean "Korea", yes. ;)

BTW, where's the pun?

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Low end....like low-end made. and its a bass so its got low....end.....see because.....well...you get it....

5. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    if i had up to 750 for a bass, i'd get a stuart spector ns2000 neck-through, or a warwick streamer with 2 pu's. you might be able to get a mia jazz bass for that much also...

6. Tuomas

Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    I usually try to avoid buying unused instruments, so I'd recommend looking for a used one. Even more if you are short on cash.

I'd look around for a japanese Geddy Lee or Marcus Miller jazz basses. It wouldn't be the first time they sell for less than 600 used. And they are both really good instruments.

7. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    i have a NS2000-Q5 and it rocks. very versitile bass.i can do just about everything with it(fingerstyle,slap,tap,rake) and still get a good tone. plus you can get the action super low with out buzzing witch i found very surprising for a bass of its price range. i definetly recomend it over mim fender. and personaly i like it better than any mia's ive tried. but dont take my word for it go out and try one yourself. good luck;)

8. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    low end? :confused:

:rolleyes:

the spector ns2000Q is a great bass ... i was at mars music one time and i started playing one of these. if i would have had enough money, i would have bought that thing right there and then. im going for a higher model spector now, but i am very impressed with those basses.

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have a Dean Edge made in Korea. They can be had new for under $500 (mine's 5 string fretless, a 4 may be much less expensive). I love it. Well crafted, sounds great, plays great. Recommended.