Low end Yams: known bad points?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rockin John, May 10, 2001.

1. Is there any opinion about flaws, known weak spots, bad points, etc, regarding low end Yamaha basses, please? For example:

Would be very pleased to find out if these basses suffer from dead spots on the neck (like the Precisions do, for example).

Rockin John
  2. I play an RBX260 fretless as my main bass, but I think they discontinued them and introduced the RBX270, I think the only difference is that the RBX270 has a bridge pickup. The RBX260 is good though, I like it, the only problem I had is the the output jack wasn't very sturdy, and it kept disconnecting from some wire inside, so I had to reattach it. Nothing seriously wrong with it though, I like it.
  3. ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    The RBX765A, more of a mid-line bass, has a hiss'y treble control. The more you turn it past the mid detent the louder the hiss. Other than that it's great.
  4. I own a rbx765a and mine doesnt do that. Although it does have its problems, if you turn the treble all the way up the sound cuts in and out. It doesnt do it on any other of the knobs, just that one.
    My friend also owns one and it is problem free. If your gonna buy one i suggest you try before you buy