Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Low output to soundcard from EBS Gorm.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by dudemeister, Apr 21, 2003.

1. I'm trying to record from my EBS Gorm combo. http://www.ebs.bass.se/2001/index_ebs.html

I'm recording with Logic Audio 5.1 and a Soundblaster Audigy card with a front panel and I've finally got it to work almost perfectly.
    When I plug my bass directly into the front panel i get good output volume from the bass, but the tone is quite weak, so I've tried recording through my EBS Gorm instead.
    I've tried connecting through both the Line Out and Balanced Output, but I get very low output. If I normalize the recording I can hear that the tone is really good but there's to much noise...

How shall i connect my Gorm to my computer to get as good output as possible?

EDIT: Of course I've maxed out the recording volume, but even then the volume is to low.

2. Does the signal get noticeably weaker if you use a very long cable from the balanced output?

3. Bump. (I assume this is what bumps are for...:))