1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Low profile bridge - what's out there?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MuzikMan, Jun 20, 2007.

1. I am working on a project fretless and would like to find a bridge with a low profile. The neck pocket is a little low on the body and a neck shim is required to get good action while using a Badass II bridge. Since that bridge is comming off for another project it would be nice to find one that is better suited for this bass.

If anyone is willing to measure their string height from the body at the lowest setting that would be real cool! :cool: I'm hoping to find something 11mm or lower (if it exists). Any speculative suggestions are also encouraged. :bassist:

2. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    With a router any bridge can become a no profile bridge.

3. That's true, I might go that route if I don't find what I'm looking for.

4. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Route 66

Those Aria Pro II Quick-Hook bridges are sunk into the body 1/4" +. They still have a higher profile than you want, but that's what gave me the idea.

5. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Fretless? Try a acoustic guitar - styled - bridge?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021