Low quality ads on TB!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by feckn_eejit, Aug 9, 2003.

1. [​IMG]
    The best bass preamp "EVERY" made!?!? Yeesh. I hope BBE's product is better than their proofreading.

--jeff

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I think it's a deliberate mistake:

* to test if people notice ie are people looking at their ad
    * getting others to inspect it once it's been pointed out (I hadnt noticed that ad at all never mind the error)
    * getting people to scout other ads for mistakes

Who knows. Maybe BBe. Email them.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno. That EA "Scarry" add sure got a lot of attention. Attention is sort of the point of advertising. Maybe a little something to catch the eye of the discerning reader?

It's a bit of a stretch to think they did it on purpose...but, who knows?

4. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No sense biting the hands that feed TB, though, eh?

:)

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

BBEsound is that the company that owns G&L?

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    It made you post an thread about it, so in publicity terms IT WORKS ;)

7. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    Scary is one of those words than can be artisticly misspelled for emphassis. Stoopid, Scarrrry, Owwwwwwch.

Substituting "every" instead of "ever" is just a case where someone's fingers ran ahead of their brain. Perhaps why they got a job in the Ad department instead of the Engineering dept.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  9. Same here - I can't take a company seriously if it can't even present a professional face!

--j

10. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Harrumph! Now take that back before i hijack this thread with buzzkill complaints about how wrong, insensitive and disrespectful that is!

:p ;)

11. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    All this reminds me - the local AM Talk Radio station, years ago had two DJ's who always read the ad's live on the air EXACTLY as submitted.

Heat Pumps! Heat Pumps! Hair Conditioning, etc... I forget the rest of that one.

They would often draw attention to mistakes - it was part of their schtick. I suspect there is more "autocorrection" that goes on than you might think.