Low quality ads on TB!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by feckn_eejit, Aug 9, 2003.

1. [​IMG]
    The best bass preamp "EVERY" made!?!? Yeesh. I hope BBE's product is better than their proofreading.

2. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I think it's a deliberate mistake:

* to test if people notice ie are people looking at their ad
    * getting others to inspect it once it's been pointed out (I hadnt noticed that ad at all never mind the error)
    * getting people to scout other ads for mistakes

Who knows. Maybe BBe. Email them.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno. That EA "Scarry" add sure got a lot of attention. Attention is sort of the point of advertising. Maybe a little something to catch the eye of the discerning reader?

It's a bit of a stretch to think they did it on purpose...but, who knows?
  4. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No sense biting the hands that feed TB, though, eh?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

BBEsound is that the company that owns G&L?
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    It made you post an thread about it, so in publicity terms IT WORKS ;)
  7. thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    Scary is one of those words than can be artisticly misspelled for emphassis. Stoopid, Scarrrry, Owwwwwwch.

Substituting "every" instead of "ever" is just a case where someone's fingers ran ahead of their brain. Perhaps why they got a job in the Ad department instead of the Engineering dept.
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  9. Same here - I can't take a company seriously if it can't even present a professional face!

10. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Harrumph! Now take that back before i hijack this thread with buzzkill complaints about how wrong, insensitive and disrespectful that is!

:p ;)
  11. thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    All this reminds me - the local AM Talk Radio station, years ago had two DJ's who always read the ad's live on the air EXACTLY as submitted.

Heat Pumps! Heat Pumps! Hair Conditioning, etc... I forget the rest of that one.

They would often draw attention to mistakes - it was part of their schtick. I suspect there is more "autocorrection" that goes on than you might think.