Low signal level from Ibanez SR 1300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yarnboy, Oct 8, 2003.

1. I have the gain on 10 on my SVT-4 and I'm not hitting the led. Other basses hit the led at around 6.5. I know the electronics are shotty on Soundgears.. Is the battery draining through the circuit? Are the preamps just that crappy on these basses? I can't imagine this is normal.. It's a fresh battery.. Any ideas?
  2. The bass player in my high school pep band had a similar problem. Ibanez soudgear+active electronics+"new battery" = No volume.

The thing is, the active circuit on these will draw from the battery whenever a cable is inserted into the output. My pep band bass player had just put a new battery in two or three days earlier, but had left the cable in it the entire time as well. This drained the battery.

Long story short, try another battery.
  3. Yea.. I've had this bass for 7 years now.. I know all about the "forgot to unplug the cable" symptoms.. When that happens, it sounds distorted though.. Something else is going on.. I get signal.. Just not enough to hit the led limiter with the gain all the way up..
  4. Oh, okay. Sorry to treat you like a newbie.

I don't know what it could be. This is why is I like passive basses:) .
  5. It's ok ;) Does anyone else use a Soundgear through an SVT -x head? I'd imagine they'd have no problem hitting the gain limiter..
  6. How about ANY low signal level problems? What's the most common cause of this? Bad Ground?
  7. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    Try another cable? How high/low is your pickup? How old are your strings?
  8. It's not the cable.. I use wireless.. and I've tried it through a cable... The pickup height hasn't changed in the past 7 year.. I've changed the strings half a dozen times with the low signal. It keeps getting worse. There aren't many shops around here that have a really good repair division. It sucks..
  9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    maybe your gain pot on your wireless is too far down, or the wireless battery is going out.
  10. Wireless gain is on 10.. New battery.. And like I said.. I used a cable too.. I only use the wireless live..