1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lowdown 150 or Trace Elliot 715 or....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jsthomas75, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Well, here goes my first post!

I have an option to pick up an almost new Line 6 Lowdown 150 ($250) or a used 100 watt Trace Elliot 715 ($300). I am also looking at the Behringer BX1200 or an Acoustic 200 watt head with a 1x15 cab. I like a nice low end but I also want something with some punch to it. I like the nice tight highs to cut through. I am looking for an amp that will allow me to run direct out into a BA115, which should provide enough of the low end.

Can anyone direct me in the right direction? I have been all over the guitar store sites and Harmony Central to see what people thought of all the different amps I am looking at, and they had mixed reviews.

Any information you could provide me would be greatly appreciated. I am so confused :confused:

2. VisualShock

VisualShock

Feb 19, 2008
    North Wales
    trace elliot all the way! I've got the Head from a 715 combo, and it's just amazing! If it's pre-gibson, then it will be an absolute steal for $300!

google the reviews for it ;)

3. +1 to the Trace...great amps. The wattage ratings are usually a bit pessimistic aswell. (i.e. they're louder than they say they are)

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Not so sure about running these other amps INTO your BA115. Not much to gain there, I don't think.