1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lowdown 300 bass combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cadge1461, May 22, 2020.

1. Line6 LD300 problems

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Line6 LD300 amp replacement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cadge1461

Cadge1461

May 22, 2020
    Can a amp in the line6 combo be replaced?

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    With what?
    If you are unhappy with the combo, sell it and get one you like.
    If you like it but it needs repair, get it repaired.
    Sorry, I don't understand the poll you posted. I know there are people here that English isn't their main language, but help us out in what you're asking.

3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I doubt it but an email to Line6 should settle it. Lots of new combos have replaceable heads built-in but the Lowdown had all sorts of effects built-in and was bulky.

4. With enough money anything is possible.
    Is it worth it to you?

5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Line 6 discontinued the Lowdown bass amp line 2011, 9 years ago and have stated on their website that they no longer support the Lowdown product line so don't expect any assistance from them.

If the OP's LD300 Pro amp isn't working and wants it repaired he's probably going to have a difficult time finding a repair shop that can fix it. It would be possible to remove the amp section and insert another brand amp in its place and connecting it to the cabinets 15" speaker providing the amp is outputting the correct ohmage and output power for the speaker.

There are lots of Class-D amps that would easily fit into the LD 300 Pro amp space within that cabinet.

TD

6. The speaker inside is 8 Ohms if a different Amp Head is wanting to go into it. The speaker is wired into the head so a jackplate would be need to be added to the cab.
    Pictures inside the cab here.>Speaker impedance of Line6 LD 300 Pro

7. Cadge1461

Cadge1461

May 22, 2020
    I was checking if anyone had any feed back. The cab is sturdy and tight however the amp is kind of sub par. Just a thought on replacing the amp not the cab. Thank you all on your feedback I appreciate all.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  8. Ohmage, ohmage??? come on Thornton don't make me come over there!!!

Ohmage indeed! :)

agedhorse likes this.