This will probably end up being the last of my "parts bass" builds. I have been getting comfortable with a lot of concepts and luthier work on some bodies/necks I have been buying from here/craigslist. Taking random parts and putting them together and trying to make them work. Not always the easiest but I have learned a ton about building and repairing from doing this. I figured I had already built a couple jazz basses and P basses so time to switch it up and try something new. I bought the body for this bass here on talkbass. Built by some guy out west. Nice flame maple top with binding. The neck was a brand new douglas neck I decided to re finish and put some fancy wood on. Unfortunately my hard drive on my mac crashed a month ago so I lost most the early pictures of the build (along with a bunch of other stuff... always run backup people!). Body and neck joined with the pickups (Nordstrand Dual Coils) and Hipshot B Bridge on for a idea of what it will look like Here is the neck after the final coat of tru oil Here I am messing with decal placement. I have since decided to ditch the decal idea and am working on a template for a new logo that I can route in with my 1/8th inch dremel bit. You can also see the figured maple veneer headstock cap and the headstock re shaping I did. Back of the headstock. I have also decided to cap the back headstock with the same veneer as I did the front. It covers up the hole fills from the stock tuners that came on the neck. Routed the pickup cavities for the Nordys and got the bridge installed. Also drilled the bridge ground cable hole as well as the pickup lead wire holes in the cavities. Here is the back of the body Added a fretting hand contour for the neck joint to allow for easier access to the higher frets. Pretty much followed a picture of a Mike Lull T Bird for inspiration. Contacted Marty Bell about doing the finish. Marty did a refinish on a Rickenbacker 2060 that I restored last year and did an amazing job. We will be going for a color scheme similar to this Alembic He suggested going opaque on the edges to hide the darker maple in the top. I will try to get some more updated pics up tomorrow.