Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lowdown on Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dude, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    There has been a bunch of discussion regarding Eden's financial stability out around the Net recently and someone on my forum mentioned that they saw something over here regarding Eden. I can't find the thread so I'll post here what I posted over on the Dude Pit.

Here is the deal straight from Dave today via a trusted mutual friend who hung up the phone with Dave this morning and called me immediatley following. This is as SOLID as it gets foks!

Eden is in the process of being sold to an undisclosed 3rd party. The buyer does not currently have any competing amplifier lines. I don't know who it is yet but I do know it's not Fender (and hope it's not Gibson and I doubt that it is).

Dave will stay on with the company and head the R&D and production of their product line.

The sale is expected to be complete in about 2 weeks.

This sale is not due to financial difficulties but more due to Dave's desire to get back to "driving a bench" rather than "driving a desk".

Dave has apparently read this thread and requested that I be informed personally of what's going on so to dispell the rumor mill.

Right on Dave! I hope that this move will be good for you personally, good for Eden and good for Eden users all over the globe!

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Very cool, Dude.

Thanks for the info. And, thanks for not being cryptic.

While I am not a big fan of the "Eden Sound" for my playing, I do know them to be high quality gear, and wish Dave the best.

I do hope to GOD that it isn't Gibson that buys them, though. That's as good as the kiss of death.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Or worse, the fart of death, as it were. :D

Good to know that I can still get some Eden gear if I need it.

4. what difference does it make? the sale will either happen or it won't. How does knowing about it beforehand help anything?

:confused:

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If you wanna know for yourself, just call an Eden dealer and ask them!

I asked the two biggest Eden dealer I know and they told me the same thing.

One of them even said that they had just talked to Dave that morning and he went as far as to say that they would honor the origional waranties.

Peace
    Nick

6. Yea somebody told me that Eden was going out of business the other day, and I found this hard to believe. Thx for the info.

7. I would guess the fact that two people, unbeknownst to each other, tell an 'almost identical story,' should give the information some credibility...no?;)

8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Sounds like Nick and I have the same Eden Dealer source who's in Seattle...nuff said?

9. Man, if ya aint gonna trust the Dude, ya aint gonna trust your mother!! Steve Barr is totally straight and 100% trustworthy, I have had dealings with him, and he is AAAA+.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yup, thats one of them.

Common, If you cant believe the Dude or SMASH, who will you believe short of Dave Nordschow(sp?)?

I bet you guys would probably call him an imposter if he was standing in front of you with 2 photo Id's!

Instead of calling everyone a liar, how about checking it out yourself?

Peace
    Nick

11. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    It would suck if it'S Rouge .....

12. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Believe me or not...no skin off my butt either way...just telling you what I was told by someone who's word I consider to be Gospel in the bass industry.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Come'n. Get with it man...there IS no David Nordschow. Oh wait a minute...nevermind.

;)

brad cook

14. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Yeah, but he's an anti-gun Canadian! ;)

15. Thanks for setting things straight Dude.Thats great news that it wasn't for financial woes and that David is staying on.He builds great gear.Also I ordered a crossover from them the end of last month so it looks like I'll still be getting it.If the "Dude" says it's so believe it guys.

16. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.

It's not so hard to pick up the phone instead of p!ssing in the common-knowledge pool, eh?

It's an interesting social experiment this - how one guy is a rumour monger but someone else is praised for posting the same thing a few days later. And the only PMs I got were from people like Nick Man who bothered to find out for themselves and can corroborate the info. Presumably the others were too busy whining to have the thread closed rather than making some calls.

Selah.

*** THE FOLLOWING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EDEN ***

Nick Man also said "I bet you guys would probably call him an imposter if he was standing in front of you with 2 photo Id's! "

This is true. In the past I have helped sink scam companies for fun & profit (the game is slow in these markets). You can show court documents to people that detail their company's CEO's past (undisclosed) stock fraud convictions, details that the product doesn't exist and that the only puported sales are to shady companies who are getting the full price + a great deal more refunded to them in cheap stock they are dumping at will, show details of undisclosed insiders & their families dumping their cheap stock, proove that the "expert" their company recently hired doesn't actually have a degree from a prestigious university - his time there was on the janitorial staff (I am not making this up), prove that the "investment firm" that touts the stock doesn't actually exist as a registered company and in fact the lady who touted it has hundered of thousands of shares given to her for "consulting" and she drives a vehicle registered to the company and parks it overnight at a key boardmember's house, can tell them to short the stock as it is about to be delisted from the excahange, and they'll ignore it all and call you every name in the book while their retirement funds and "investments" whittle away to nothing, and finally the SEC steps in and halts the stock after it has traded into oblivion and who do these sheeple blame? The people who told them to get out while the getting was $till very good.

Point being that some people would rather argue than find out something, even when their family's last dollar is at stake. Human nature I guess.

17. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    I'm hung like a donkey.

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Credibility is a fleeting thing;)

19. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    LOL...just thought I'd make a run at that one while I was "credible"...oh well....you mean that's not what my ex-wife meant when she said that I was the biggest ass she ever met???

20. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Why is this so hard to believe? We all have to figure out how trustworthy the information that's given to us is. For lack of a better word, several people might announce the same thing more or less, but the "smell" will be different.

Let's look at a little history. In April, warwickbass posted the following (in thread http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44736):

He said that his friend worked for Eden and told him this. It turned out to be untrue. He did apologize afterwards.

Two weeks ago, warwickbass is back with this:

Now, given the previous fiasco, how likely is anyone to believe this? And of course it's completely false, if not inflammatory.

Next comes Steven Green with
    this thread.

Already, this comes off quite different than warwickbass's posts. Whether or not we believe SG, he's at least very up front about where he got his information, and the supposed source is certainly somebody who would know. For me personally, I'm more likely to listen to SG than warwickbass simply because the latter has a tendency to babble incoherently.

Then SMASH starts this thread:

No source listed, gets the owner's name wrong, not many details. So, a number of people get on his case about why he even bothered to start the thread.

Which brings us to this thread. Less direct info than SG's, but more people know the Dude personally and can vouch for him. Also, as a dealer he's got more to lose if he's wrong.