Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The TB Bazaar: Gear For Sale from our Sponsors' started by BeeTL, Oct 25, 2019.
What would one be looking at in terms of price for something like that?
@canuckshort Complete builds with Rubio Monocoat body finishes start at $1,600. Complete builds with Polyurethane body finishes and faux binding start at $1,900. That includes a roasted maple neck with dots and a choice of either Paulownia or Roasted Alder for the body. Roasted Ash is NLA.
Not the greatest photos, but it's great to get this project across the finish line. I'm really enjoying building in the new space.
The daylight photos aren't much better, but this one's heading out the door. Getting a consistent photo setup worked out in the new space is next on the to-do list.
Here are the final specs on the Jayluxe V32 5-string conversion neck prototype build:
• CNC-milled and finished in the USA
• Roasted swamp ash "Dinky J" body with glossy TV Yellow urethane finish
• Lindy Fralin Standard Jazz V pickups
• Roasted maple neck with roasted maple fretboard
• Pearloid blocks and binding
• Satin urethane neck finish
• Black Lowe Custom Guitars logo
• Scary Creative silver ink dry transfer serial number
• Shiny chrome bullet headstock truss rod adjustment
• Carbon fiber reinforcement rods
• Tusq nut
• Hipshot Ultralite shiny chrome machines
• Hipshot shiny chrome string retainer
• Carbon steel inserts for 8-32 machine screws
Brad...that looks awesome! Love the roasted maple. All that at under 8 pounds! Congrats.
@canuckshort Thank you! It's a shame that roasted swamp ash is NLA...the last few bodies currently in my pipeline are are among the last of the material my supplier was able to access.
That said, I think paulownia tends to be even lighter and will offer a similar look on finishes with faux binding. I plan to finish up the current builds in my pipeline and develop a more intensive focus on the conversion necks and complete builds that use them.
They have really been my breakout success, so that's where I plan to focus my energy.
Well, your conversion necks are brilliant. Love the ease with which they can be used on a project and who doesn't love instant medium scale. Builds like the the one you just posted are pretty special. I look forward to seeing what the future holds.
Ryland sent me some better pics of the Jayluxe V-32 along with is Jayluxe IV-32, so I'm posting them here for posterity.
What is the nut width on the 5 string neck please?
1.75” nut and 18mm bridge.
Here are some related products that TB members are talking about.
Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner,
where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.
Browser not compatible