1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale LowEnd LEJ 5 Exotic: Beautiful and Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by s_wood, Nov 30, 2020.

1. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Price:
    $2500
    Strings:
    United States
    This is a tough one to sell...but bass flippers don't cry. :rollno:

This is a gorgeous LowEnd LEJ5 Exotic in near-mint condition with a killer figured maple top.

LowEndBurstclose.jpg

LEJ508front.jpg

Brian Barrett is one of the best and nicest builders in the business. He built this bass to my specs in 2008.

The specs:
    • Figured maple top
    • Alder body
    • Rosewood fingerboard
    • 3 pc quartersawn maple neck
    • 1 7/8" at the brass nut
    • 18MM spacing
    • 34” scale
    • 10 lbs, 13 oz.
    • Hipshot ultralite tuners
    • Hipshot A bridge
    • LowEnd 2 band preamp with passive tone control
    • Benavente Dual Coil Slim J pickups, each wired for Parallel and Series
    • Knobs from top to bottom: Vol for Neck (pull for series), Vol for Bridge (Pull for Series) Passive Tone (pull for passive), Stacked Bass/Treble
    • Original LowEnd HSC

LowEndBurstback.jpg LEJ508headstock.jpg

Brian Barrett's craftsmanship is impeccable. This is one of the finest modern Jazz basses you can find. The tone is very versatile, and the bass plays like butter.

The bass is in near-mint condition. There are no noticeable dings or scratches that I can find.

LEJ508closefront2.jpg

According to the LowEnd Basses website, this bass would cost at least $3,800 new.

I am asking 2,500, shipped to you in CONUS. International sales are fine with me, but you will be responsible for shipping and all other related costs such as VAT, import duties, etc. PayPal preferred.

No trades, thanks.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  2. Sywannab

Sywannab Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Alameda, CA 94501
    Beautiful. LEJ is one of the best jazz basses I've ever played.

3. bbh

bbh Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Beautiful finish, glwts.

4. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    This is so not fair, where was this bass when I paid 3,500 for my Exotic. Brian’s choice of woods is so very tasteful. I can’t believe you can let this one go. GLWYS!

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Cane Ridge, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Happy To take it back, let me know if there is anything your interested in on the site

6. satchelbaglio

satchelbaglio Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Richmond, B.C.
    I just picked up a exotic LEJ 5 and was really blown away how good these basses are.
    Build quality, tonal pallet, quality of all the woods and parts, are as good as it gets.
    GLWS

Reedt2000 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021