SOLD LowEnd LEJ 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tightanic, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Price:
    Strings:
    LowEnd LEJ 5. Mahogany body (a fellow TB'er has inquired with Brian Barrett - I bought the bass used and thus don't know the official specs - yet it makes sense), highly flamed maple neck, figured maple top, dunlop strap locks. Active 2-band active electronics, LowEnd pickups, great B string and overall definition. Bought on Talkbass a little while ago. The bass is 10.8 lbs on the bathroom scale. It's not a particularly light bass but it balances well and plays effortlessly. 19mm string spacing (individual string spacing adjustable on Hipshot bridge), neck width at the nut is 1 7/8".

I love this bass and don't really want to sell it, yet I have finally reached the point of having enough or maybe too many electric basses (and most of them are 5-string jazz-style instruments), and of the two LEJ5's I own the other one is just a tad closer to my heart with its funky sonic blue finish, a matter of preference. Sonically they're relatively similar.

Very good condition overall, minor battle scars and I'm sure those could be touched up rather easily - this used to be my main bass until recently thus it has been played a fair bit.
    The most visible ones are on the back (where my belt occasionally rubbed on the bass a bit) and a minor dent on the top near the bass side of the neck pickup. Otherwise see photos to judge the condition, I think the bass looks pretty neat overall.

You can see and hear the bass in those clips:

and something from a live show:

Not interested in trades. Local sale would obviously be ideal, otherwise the price includes shipping to CONUS inside an unused Gig Blade case (similar to Mono in feel / level of protection) inside a regular shipping box with plenty of filler via FedEx Ground (usually 2 days).
    Hit me with any questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    StayLow, RedMoses and diglo like this.
  2. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Added one more shot to show the litte dent on the top for those who care. I doubt that it would be visible at all after cleaning and buffing it up a little bit, especially on this highly flamed top.

3. Hello, can you answer my pm... I just need to know if I need to look else where... Thank you

4. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Bump & updated info - body appears to be figured maple on mahogany (read above).

5. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Added nut width and string spacing to the original description.

6. What kind of neck profile does it have around the back?

7. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Killer clips!

8. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Well thank you sir!

9. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    You still have it?

10. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Sold locally, thanks for looking everybody!