SOLD LowEnd True-Voice tabletop Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by tminus10, Sep 21, 2015.

1. tminus10

tminus10 Supporting Member

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Price:
    The name says it all. The True Voice of what ever you plug into it. This is the only Pre Ive ever heard that you can actually hear an instant noticeable difference when you change the tube. Uses a 6SN7 which Adds great tube character! Ive used it into the power section of my EA Iamp Pro for the best sounding setup ever. Has volume, tone, mute, active/passive, ground lift and bright switch.

Comes with everything in the picture. Pelican case, GE tube has a great warm tone an, Raytheon has just the right amount of mids. $400 shipped, for sale only

20150921_113545.jpg
    20150921_113603.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    SirMjac28 likes this.
  2. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Free bump for a killer tube pre that, like Monique, delivers power tube-like tone and punch. Very high gain and drives an amp easily. GLWTS, DM

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Very cool I'm a preamp junkie and this one looks killer.

4. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Bump

5. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Thanks for the endorsement Dee-Man! It really is killer. If I remember correctly, didn't Tom Bowlus Liken this Preamp to the be-loved SonicFarm? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, as another TBer that has one of these and also described it as "absolutely killer", reminded me that these have fantastic sounding DIs

Brian Barret of LowEnd has started making these again due to popular demand and I believe they're selling for $800. Get yours for half price!

Here's a gut shot
    20151007_181859.jpg

6. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, I think Tom did say good things about it relative to the Sonic Farm 2di4. Just used mine the other day and was quite pleased. GLWTS, DM

7. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Also, please be aware. I work full time and started going back to school. The ONLY days, despite of when you pay, that I can ship is Tuesday and Saturday.

I also want to express again one of the things I love most about this pre.

I had the Jule Monique and it sounds amazing no doubt. But when I had mine, I replaced the 6SN7 tubes with the Holy Grail RCA red base tubes. The result. The Monique sounded the same as before. Which as we've stated is amazing. My point is that all other pres EQ section color the tone so much, that they sound how they sound. This has no EQ. This is the TruVoice. You change the tube. You hear the difference. It really is a cool thing!

IMO, 6SN7 tubes and their variants have so much more character than a 12ax7.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Shaker Heights, OH
    you say this but above you said it has a tone control, that's the same thing. looks cool but i wish stuff was labeled. can it drive a poweramp? i need to find a manual on this to see what it outputs.

9. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    What I mean is its like the tone control on a passive bass. Not an active style Bass, Mid, treble eq that has a voicing. Maybe I'm not technically correct in my description but either way, it sounds Bad-A! and I can clearly hear a difference between tubes. Something I personally never could do with any other pre I've ever had to honest. Drives a power amp. Thats what it's meant to do.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    markjazzbassist likes this.
  10. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Brian is pretty fast and helpful when it comes to responding to emails IME

11. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Some tire kickers but still here. Don't see these pop up often on TB.

*Correction* Comes with an Otter Box, not a Pelican. Wrong critter. Sorry

12. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    bump

13. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    I've bought and sold this baby twice and I still want it for a third time. It is by far one of my favorite sounding pres.

Sorry TMinus10, I wish I could help you out. It's just not a practical stage pre for a gigging blind man.
    Another bump though.

14. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    There is (or at least was) a rack version.

15. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Yep. There is. Brian's last built tabletop was my first LETV and he had already sold his last rack version.

That's way cool if he's begun building preamps again.

16. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    He has started building table tops again. They go for $800. Get yours here for half

Last I spoke to him he said he might build the rack mount again

17. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Bump

18. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Are the wires from the output transformer soldered directly to the pins?

19. tminus10

May 1, 2011
    Iowa
    bump

20. ariwax

ariwax Insonating the acoustic window Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    PM sent. Get at me!