1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lower My Action?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Joeschmo, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Joeschmo

Joeschmo

Sep 20, 2008
    I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, but if it's wrong, please move this thread.

And over to the question: How do i lower my action? and are there any risks if i do a mistake (string snaps, etc.)

Thanks in advance

PS: if gear has anything to do with it look at my sig

2. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    On the saddle (the cylinders or blocks that the strings rest on at the bridge) there are little screws with an allen key hole usually. Get an allen key that fits, and unscrew the saddle screws which will lower the strings. It's easy to do, and you shouldn't have to worry about strings snapping or anything.

If you lower them a TON, then you may have to fix the intonation.

EDIT:
    some more info, action is a very personal thing, and different players have different tolerances for string buzz vs string height. Also some players just like to really dig in their strings with a pick and higher action is more forgiving for this.

3. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    Here's a diagram

Attached Files: