1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lower priced power amp: NEMESIS or HARTKE ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MarkBG, Mar 23, 2009.

1. MarkBG

MarkBG

Mar 2, 2009
    I am in need of acquisition of a medium powered bass amp head,probably used, for small to medium gigs,with no PA support.Music is Zydeco,and R+B. Would probably be looking at one of the Eden WT models or similar ,but funds are very limited.

For the price I can afford,I see Hartke HA3500s and HA5500s. Both have tube preamps which I like.I have occasionally played through a 3500 while demo-ing some cabinets. Seemed decent,and versatile.

I also know Eden has the Nemesis line,...NA320 ,and NA650. and the RS line. which also fall into my budget. Have tried some of the Eden WT stuff,but have never had an opportunity to try, or have I even seen a Nemesis,but if worth it,I would go find some to demo. I would like some opinions on these 2 brands compared to each other. They are about equal in price and power. Will probably be using it with a 4-10,, 4 ohm cabinet of some sort. We do get a bit loud and rowdy,I need to be able to cut through the mix. (don't we all ! ) Also any other suggestions are welcome.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I think either of those is a fine choice. Better yet though, take a look in the TB classifieds, that's where you'll find the best bang per buck on a solid amp.

3. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    +1 both fine choices.